Hacienda Heights, All About
|It's for you|
Please feel free to explore the many sections of this site to learn more about this community. Thank you.
Notable events, alerts, or items that may be of interest:
The Hacienda Heights Improvement Association (HHIA) provides the County comments concerning turning the old dump into a large park.
If you have overdue library materials from the Los Angeles Public Library, you can return those materials between Feb 1st- Feb 14th without being charged late fees. You can return those materials to any of these 73 library drop off locations- Library drop off Locations.
Hacienda Heights Library
will be CLOSED for renovation starting Monday,
February 22, 2016
Library staff will tend to the closing of the library so volunteers will not be needed- thank you.
The Express Library at Steinmetz Park will be limited to a small browsing selection of materials.
For full library services, please visit one of our neighboring libraries:
In light of one of our very own teachers (Los Altos High School) having been convicted of this crime- not the first but hopefully the last (reference...):
How do child molesters get into situations where they can exploit children?
Few child molesters are able to resist their powerful urges to initiate contact with children and will go to great lengths to do so. Common strategies included
- Befriending parents, particularly single parents, to gain access to their children.
- Offering babysitting services to overextended parents or caregivers.
- Taking jobs and participating in community events that involve children.
- Attending sporting events for children and/or offering to coach children's sports.
- Volunteering in youth organizations, offering to chaperone overnight trips.
- Loitering in places children frequent - playgrounds, malls, game arcades, etc.
- Spending time in Internet gaming and social communities, learning the online interests and lingo of youngsters.
- Becoming foster parents.
Excerpt from Child Lures Prevention- More Information
West Nile Virus - More Information
Evidently Southern California Edison is installing new equipment onto their meters. The word is, that we have been notified of the installation in the Service Bill envelope and that that was a long while ago, so be informed…More Information
Just wanted to pass some information on regarding suspect descriptions involved in daytime residential burglaries out in Hacienda Heights.
- Earlier in the month, there was a burglary involving 2 male blacks. One was approximately 6'00" - 6'03", 170lbs, 20-25 years old and the second was 5'08" - 5'10", 180 lbs., 20-25 years old. They were driving a Grey Toyota Camry. This occurred in the 2000 BLK of Punta Del Este.
- Yesterday, there was an attempt burglary on Country Canyon Rd. A female driver with two other males unknown race were seen driving a large Black Ford 4x4.
Thanks, Deputy Brian Sanford- Industry Station.
Warning! "Coyote Sightings" Protect your pets! Call (626) 575-5462